Our Vision is:
‘Move Together. Live Better. For Life’ Our Mission is : Providing sustainable physical literacy opportunities for our communities to be active through life. One of our many goals is to increase the awareness of simple activities that keep people healthy and happy.
Our Mission is to:
- Be able to create connections between various stakeholders in each community who can help provide information, share resources and direction on physical literacy.
- Educate and promote physical literacy for all ages to encourage active for life.
- Assist teachers, coaches and instructors in delivering quality programming for our young and old.
- Engage the communities to learn about physical literacy and the impact and benefits of mental and physical health. To encourage families to be more active and explore the communities they live in.
Overall our main goals are to educate the community on the term physical literacy through mentorship, workshops, and community events and to provide a variety of workshops and community events to promote physical literacy. By connecting various stakeholders in the communities, PLAYShuswap is making connections that can build, educate and deliver programming for all.
May 2, 2019
Armstrong, Enderby & District, Salmon Arm, Sicamous, Splitsin First Nation
School District 83 and Salmon Arm Recreation
Community partners / stakeholders
- Health: Interior Health
- Recreation: Salmon Arm Recreation Society, CSRD Parks. Shuswap Trails Alliance. District of Sicamous, Enderby & District Recreation
- Education: School District 83
- Sport: Salmon Arm Tennis, Salmon Arm Sockeyes Swimming, Shuswap Soccer, Gym of Rock Climbing, Salmon Arm Ice Breakers Speed Skating, Larch Hill Nordic Society
Project Website | playshuswap.com
For more information, contact Jennifer Gibson at email@example.com.