The situation in Canada
By 2030, immigration will account for all of Canada's net population growth. Cities across Canada are being transformed by immigration, and these demographic trends will undoubtedly impact Canadian sports. Grassroots and professional sports organizations need to find ways to appeal to this diverse new audience.
How Physical Literacy helps New to Canada Participants
Sport and physical activity in Canada need to find ways to engage New to Canada Participants. They are a huge demographic trend and offer a tremendous opportunity for new participants and spectators. Sport for Life is working on programs and resources based on the Awareness and First Involvement stages of the Long-Term Development framework. These programs will offer a platform to the physical literacy community on which they can build resources and education to engage New to Canada Participants.
- Sport for Life for Every New to Canada Participant 2.0
- Newcomer Sport Program - Final Report
- Community Foundations of Canada
- Playing Together - New Citizens, Sports & Belonging
- Engaging Newcomer Women and Girls Handbook