Move for Life White Rock–South Surrey is an innovative health promotion project that brings together community partners in the areas of health, recreation, education and sport. The project is funded by the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation and Innovative Fitness White Rock, and managed by Sport for Life. Move for Life partners uniquely work together from four different sectors to advance physical literacy and promote physical activity to improve community health by:
- building a physically literate community,
- teaching community leaders how to build physical literacy into programs and services, so residents have the tools to be active for life,
- promoting physical activity for improved health and educating around the many benefits that come from being active,
- supporting schools in addressing specific local barriers to provide quality physical education, and
- working with local sport clubs to create positive, inclusive sport experiences across all ages.
The Move for Life project started in 2017.
Regional Manager & Associate Mentor
The Regional Manager for Move for Life is Drew Mitchell, Director of Physical Literacy with Sport for Life.
The local associate mentor is Allison Giuliani, Community Physical Activity Coordinator.
The community partners for Move for Life have each shown great leadership and collaboration in developing physical literacy in the community. Currently, the table includes partners from:
City of White Rock
South Surrey Recreation
Surrey School District 36
Semiahmoo Minor Hockey
Pacific Sea Wolves
Innovative Fitness White Rock
Seniors Health Network
Dr. Jeffery Purkis
This project aims to improve the competence, confidence and motivation of 33,000 community members in order for them to achieve better health and be active for life.
In the News
- Fitness program launched in White Rock for stroke patients
- Neil developed a passion for sport that will last a lifetime… while being nurtured early on as a multisport athlete
- Move for Life champions hockey mental health support initiative
- Fit for Life exercise program launches in White Rock
For more information, contact Allison Giuliani firstname.lastname@example.org.