Thanks to the generous support of the Public Health Agency of Canada and Canada Soccer, it is possible to host a workshop in your community. Through funding from the FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015™ Legacy, local organisations can host FIFA 11+ Injury Prevention Warm-Up and Sport for Life’s Physical Literacy Movement Preparation coach workshops at no cost.
Funding from the project will cover the cost of:
- Provision of online registration platform
- Workshop materials (activity cue cards and posters) for all participants
- Instructor facilitation costs
- One agility ladder to be distributed to a workshop participant through a draw or as a leave behind for the local host
- Instructor travel for workshops within 100km of major metropolitan centres; for workshops outside of this radius, travel costs may apply
Hosts are responsible for providing:
- Classroom, field or gym space (for two three hours) (minimum 20m x 20m) but 20m x 30m is preferred
- 30 - 40 round, flat cones
- Two agility ladders (if available)
- Ability to promote sessions to partner organizations within the community
To be eligible, a minimum of 12 participants are required. Should 24 or more participants be anticipated, a second instructor will be assigned and additional field space will be required. Registration must be open to the general public.
Ressources for this program have been developed in partnership with Canada Soccer as part of the FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015™ Legacy program with the financial support of the Public Health Agency of Canada.